It has been three weeks already since I wrote my last entry and it is a pity that I was not able to think of anything to write until I realised that I am just thirty-nine (39) days away from my Date of Joining. Without further ado, I will list down ALL the things that you need to bring on your joining flight to Dubai, UAE.
- Two (2) colour copies of your passport. One copy should be submitted to the hotel as part of your check-in process only if you have been allocated to hotel accommodation while the second copy is for your personal use.
- E-ticket and E-visa. (Please print on A4 size paper)
- Original and copies of academic certificates. (Highest educational attainment)
- Photocopy and original copy of your Birth Certificate. (It must mention your parents’ name – must be translated into either English or Arabic)
- Original Pre-Employment Medical forms and any additional reports.
- Passport copy of your parents. (Parents’ birth certificates are NOT required)
- Passport copies and photocopy of the birth certificate of your Brother/Sister. (Birth certificates must mention parents’ name)
- Scanned copy of your photographs and the dependant/family member documents on your flash drive / USB memory stick.
- Vaccination booklet and dental certificates.
HR/Other records (8 Photographs)
- 8 photos, coloured, 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm passport size
- Pure white background and in business attire
- 2 photos, 3.0 x 3.5 cm
- Pure white background
- Taken within the last 6 months
- Neutral face expression
- Spectacles or glasses are not acceptable
US Visa License
- 5 cm x 5 cm (2 inches x 2 inches) in size
- Taken within the last 6 months without headgear, hat or glasses and without borders
- For females it is recommended that you apply minimal to nil eye make-up to avoid photo rejections by the US Consulate
- Please ensure that you have a neutral expression and are facing the camera
- Self-taken photographs with a regular digital camera are NOT ACCEPTABLE
SAMPLE PHOTOGRAPHS (Provided by Emirates)
✈︎ PERSONAL ITEMS (MUST-BRING!)
- Power Outlet: Please take note that the United Arab Emirates is using a Type-G plug. You may need to bring your own adapter if your home country is using a different one.
- Medicines: You should try to pack some
thing from your home just in case you catch a cold or flu.However, it must be in accordance with the drugs law of the United Arab Emirates. For further information, kindly visit: Restricted Medications in the U.A.E.
- Business Suit: You need to be in formal/business attire on your induction day.
- Money: You may not be able to get your full salary within the first 3-months so it is advisable to bring in some money.
- Appropriate Clothes: Please be aware that the United Arab Emirates’ climate is not tropical. Therefore, the country experiences four seasons (winter, spring, summer, and fall) with summer being the longest.
✈︎ UNIFORM-RELATED ITEMS
- Inner Shirt (for males): This is a part of the uniform. It must be a white cotton, short sleeved, round neck shirt.
- Socks (for males): Uniform socks must be plain in design and dark brown in colour to match the uniform trousers.
- Glasses/Spectacles: If you are wearing glasses or contact lenses, a spare set of glasses must be carried at all times. Acceptable frame colours are: gold, silver, brown or tortoise shell.
- Contact Lenses: Must be soft permeable lenses and suitable for long-term wear in the dry aircraft environment; Coloured and designer lenses are not permitted.
- Watch: Please bring a conventional watch of a simple or classic design; Acceptable straps are gold, silver and/or black stainless steel finish, brown or black leather; Oversized, colourful, plastic or sport styles are not acceptable.
✈︎ S.E.P. TRAINING MUST-BRING ITEMS
Before they introduce you to the Emirates Cabin Crew uniform, they will be providing you with a training uniform. This uniform is a red polo shirt that you will need to wear with black trousers. This uniform will be worn from day 1 of SEP (Safety & Emergency Procedures Training) and each day until you are in service training after which you will be provided with your cabin crew uniform.
- Black Trousers: These need to be your own and can be of smart or casual style. Combat, three-fourth length trousers, ripped or torn may not be worn.
- Shoes: Black pumps, trainers or any preferred style of black shoe may be worn. For the ladies, these must be flat.
- Socks: Must be black.
- Notebook and Pen
✈︎ JOINING FLIGHT FAQs
- What to Wear?
Denims are not allowed; smart or smart-casual outfit is required upon arriving in Dubai.
- How much is the baggage allowance for check-in items?
You can bring a total of 50 kgs, however it needs to be split into two bags as per international aviation regulation states that a single suitcase cannot be more than 30 kg.
- What are the documents you need to carry?
- All the original medical documents and additional reports (if applicable)
- Latest academic certificates (original and one copy)
- Eight (8) passport size photographs
- Two (2) coloured copies of your passport
- UAE visa
Timeline Notes: If you are currently using a computer to access this page, you can hover on the text to show the meaning of the given abbreviations below.
OD: No Open Day
- AD: 2015 October 5th (Tokyo)
- FI: 2015 October 9th (Osaka)
- IC: 2015 October 21st
- Call Requesting For Additional Photos: 2015 November 2nd
- First OH: 2015 November 12th (On hold until 2015 December-end)
- Second OH: 2015 December 16th (On hold until 2016 February-end)
- Third OH: 2016 February 18th (On-hold until 2016 March-end)
- JFIP: 2016 February 24th
- GC: 2016 February 25h
- FA: 2016 February 29th
- DOJ: 2016 April 29th
- DOT: 2016 May 10th
ICHIRO | 勝利を目指して高く飛べ！✈︎