The pre-employment clearance for Emirates is not that hard as some of you may expect. There are four pages that must be accomplished on the medical section, which involves a Yes/No questionnaire. You should print, sign, and upload it directly to the portal. Under the guidelines, it says: “Kindly note that it is not mandatory to perform blood tests or chest x-rays as part of the pre-employment medical formalities. We only require you to fill in the PART A & B Form and upload it on the portal within 5 days from receiving the offer of employment.”
1. EMPLOYEE PRE-EMPLOYMENT DECLARATION OF HEALTH (PART A)
In order for you to obtain a United Arab Emirates visa, you are required to do a series of tests once you arrive there and it includes the following:
- Blood test for HIV
- Chest x-ray for tuberculosis (TB)
- Blood test for VDRL (Syphilis)
- Blood test for Hepatitis B surface Antigen
UAE residence visa / work permit will not be issued for:
- Positive HIV test result
- Signs of active TB or scarring from previous TB on chest x-ray
- Untreated syphilis
- Positive Hepatitis B surface antigen
2. EMPLOYEE MEDICAL HISTORY DECLARATION (PART B)
The part B consists of three pages which includes 42 sets of questions. It is so easy you just need to tick the Yes/No questionnaires. If the answer is yes, you need to give a brief comment which should be written clearly in the remarks column. Also, you will need to declare your height, weight, and BMI. (Preferable BMI is 18-24)
How to manually compute your BMI? Here is the formula:
Weight in kilograms divided by (height x height in metres)
e.g. 67 ÷ (1.75 x 1.75) = BMI 21
3. EMPLOYEE CERTIFICATE FOR DENTAL HEALTH
This is not mandatory for getting the final approval but it needs to be done prior to joining Emirates. It must be completed by the dentist in English only. Make sure the dentist encircles the YES/NO that is next to the statement “Dentally fit to take employment and complies with standards above,” otherwise the form will not be approved.
- Teeth should be free from caries/cavities/decay and all necessary fillings completed.
- Roots etc. should have been removed and sockets clean, uninfected and healthy.
- Temporary fillings are not acceptable.
- Gingiva and oral cavity to be free from infection or disease.
- Teeth should be free from plaque, scaled and polished.
- Good level of periodontal health. Crown and bridgework, if present, should be in good condition.
- Dentures, if applicable, should be in good condition and fit properly.
- Root canal treatment should be complete and satisfactory.
- Wisdom teeth which are normally symptom-free (i.e. which do not compromise adjacent teeth orDo not create recurrent infections) do NOT require removal.
- Gaps / missing teeth do not need to be replaced by bridges etc. If posterior and unnoticeable.
- Dentition should be of a cosmetically acceptable appearance.
✈︎ FAQ: Am I allowed to smoke?
Yes. You are allowed to smoke. Upon filling out the ‘Online Joiner’s Form’ on the Selected Candidate Portal, there will be an option to choose whether you want to be placed on a smoking accommodation or not.
DOCUMENTS FOR SECURITY
The condition prior to the pre-employment offer will require you to complete the necessary security clearance which includes:
- Passport copy (Must be coloured and valid for minimum 12 months).
- Recent Passport size (4.5 X 5.5 cm) photograph on white background.
- Allowed file formats are .doc / .pdf / .rtf / .jpg
- If your passport is valid for less than twelve months, you have to renew the same urgently and upload a copy of the renewed passport.
- When uploading, remove any special characters such as hyphens on the file name to avoid any inconvenience.
- You must complete the Part A and Part B of the pre-employment medical forms and upload it within five (5) days from the offer of employment
I uploaded all the necessary documents and I am now waiting for my final approval which may take weeks. Another waiting game has just started and my ‘pre-joining requirements’ post wraps up here. I am now excited to write a post about my final approval so see you in my next entry!
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me using the Contact Me button on the upper-right hand side menu.
Timeline Notes: If you are currently using a computer to access this page, you can hover on the text to show the meaning of the given abbreviations below.
OD: No Open Day
- AD: 2015 October 5th (Tokyo)
- FI: 2015 October 9th (Osaka)
- IC: 2015 October 21st
- Call Requesting For Additional Photos: 2015 November 2nd
- First OH: 2015 November 12th (On hold until 2015 December-end)
- Second OH: 2015 December 16th (On hold until 2016 February-end)
- Third OH: 2016 February 18th (On-hold until 2016 March-end)
- JFIP: 2016 February 24th
- GC: 2016 February 25h
- DOJ: 2016 April 29th
- DOT: 2016 May 10th
ICHIRO | 勝利を目指して高く飛べ！✈︎