You must have seen terminologies and abbreviations unique to the Emirates applicants all over the internet and since we are using these terms so much, I might as well give you some lesson:
✈︎ COMMONLY USED ABBREVIATIONS
- AD: Assessment Day
- AR: Application Received
- AU: Application Unsuccessful
- AUR: Application Under Review
- DOJ: Date Of Joining (The date of your flight to Dubai, UAE.)
- DOT: Date Of Training (Cabin Crew training commencement date)
- FA: Final Approval
- FI: Final Interview
- GC: Golden Call (Yes, the call that will change your life.)
- IC: Interview Completed
- JFIP: Joining Formalities in Progress (As soon as your status changed into this, your golden call will follow soon, could be on the same day or the next day.)
- OD: Open Day
- OH: Successful On Hold Email
- UM: Unsuccessful Mail
✈︎ BASIC AERONAUTICS
- Aft: The rear of an aircraft/ ship.
- Airbus A380: The world’s biggest passenger double-decker jet and currently Emirates Airline’s flagship aircraft.
- Boeing 777: A wide-bodied aircraft that can carry 350-450 passengers depending on modifications.
- CA/CC/FA: Cabin Attendant/ Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant
- DXB: The three-letter IATA airport code for Dubai International Airport
- EK: The two-letter IATA airline code for Emirates Airline
- ETD: Estimated Time of Departure
- ETA: Estimated Time of Arrival
- GMT: Greenwich Mean Time
- Layover Flight: A flight when a crew member will leave the plane and stay in the city for at least 24-hours.
- Main Fleet: Emirates fleet which includes the Airbus A330 and the B777 aircrafts.
- PA: Public Address System
- Port: Left side of the plane
- Starboard: Right side of the plane
- TOD: Top of Descent
- Turnaround Flight: A flight when a crew member will fly and come back to home base on the same day.
ICHIRO | 勝利を目指して高く飛べ！